Chef Rob has confirmed he will use the chef knife to attack women who disrespect his chef outfit article Rob Cook is facing court for the first time after police raided his Sydney home last month.
The 41-year-old chef was charged with two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, assault occasioned bodily harm by force likely to cause actual bodily injury, and breach of the peace after allegedly attacking a woman outside his restaurant, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
He pleaded not guilty to all charges on Wednesday.
The alleged incident occurred at a home in Kings Cross about 6.45pm on November 17.
Mr Cook was wearing a chef outfit, including a chef hat, chef trousers, chef gloves, chef belt, chef knife and chef hat.
The man who allegedly assaulted him allegedly yelled “I’m going to chop you up”.
A police officer, who was also at the home, said he could hear the man shouting “I’ll beat you up” and “I want a knife”.
The alleged victim, who is a mother, said the chef had previously been verbally abusive and had also threatened to kill her.
“The only thing that can stop him is if I’m there to witness it and defend myself,” the woman told the Herald.
“I feel it’s my duty to defend myself.”
Police allege Mr Cook assaulted the woman after she had walked into the kitchen to order food, and had been making some breakfast.
They allege he had his chef hat on when he allegedly grabbed her by the neck and forced her to the ground.
“She was screaming and begging for help,” a witness told the ABC.
“They [the woman] said he had stabbed her, she was bleeding from her neck.”
Police have said the woman is still in a stable condition.
Police allege the chef is the target of the woman’s anger, and the victim is angry at the chef for not having been respectful.
“It is an aggressive individual who does not want to accept that he has offended someone,” Acting Sergeant Chris Poulin said.
“He has had a history of being aggressive and disrespectful of women, he’s also had a long history of violence towards women.”
The incident comes as Mr Cook is also facing an alleged assault charge from another woman who claimed she was attacked by Mr Cook at his home in January.
A woman who is believed to be a former waitress at the restaurant alleged she was approached by Mr Cock, who she said said was “drunk”.
She claimed she left the restaurant when she heard the alleged assault and left.
“We are both extremely upset about this,” Ms Tamblyn said.